The design for the International Pocket Transit Compass effectively reduces needle dip when professionals travel to different hemispheres. (Call us for the special balancing required for absolute precision in distant areas.) Powerful Alnico V magnets are mounted to a polished, cupped sapphire jewel bearing, allowing for smooth needle movement.
- Alnico V magnets for quick magnetic north needle alignment
- Vertical angle measurements to +/-90° or 100% grade
- A percent grade scale with increments of 5%
- Induction dampened needle for quick, accurate readings
- Sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement
- Magnetic declination adjustment allows for east or west declination settings to +/-180°
- Short and long sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient "see-through" sighting capability
- Cast aluminum body makes the International Pocket Transit nearly indestructible
- Ball & socket tripod mount for increased accuracy
- Leather case included
- Overall dimensions: 3.1''x2.8''1.3''
- Weight: 6.8 oz.
- Made in the USA
Brunton is committed to making the most reliable and accurate navigation instruments on the planet. Due to the technical, precision and professional nature of this product, it cannot be guaranteed under the U-Proof guarantee. As durable precision instruments that undergo constant and often rigorous use in the field, in order to maintain their accuracy and integrity, they simply need to be fixed up from time to time; just as you would tune your car or bike. Brunton offers full repair and refurbishment facilities for most models. We appreciate your kind understanding.